Cole Huber provides workplace investigations for public and private clients. Our attorneys conduct the full range of services in matters for which investigations are used, including:
- Hostile workplace environment
- Substance abuse
- Financial matters (e.g., misappropriation, fraud)
- Public agency ethics
Our investigations incorporate four essential principles. They are:
- Fair. We take great care to ensure investigations are fundamentally fair to their subjects and provide all the requirements of due process.
- Thorough. Our investigators ensure all relevant evidence is considered, all essential witnesses are interviewed, and all issues are pursued to their logical conclusions.
- Defensible. Recognizing that decisions based on our investigations may be challenged in court, we carefully structure our investigations to ensure findings and conclusions will withstand courtroom scrutiny.
- Timely. We understand time is often of the essence in the matters we handle. We strive to provide deliverables within the timeframes matters require.
Importantly, our workplace investigation attorneys have blends of employment-law and litigation experience. This experience allows us to develop written work products that build on many years of practical experience that facilitates effective client decision-making.
Our attorneys’ experience also allows us to handle the most sensitive matters, including those involving elected officials. Our investigators include practicing city attorneys and agency general counsels, as well as one of our founders, who served as an elected school board member for 18 years.